Thursday, February 02, 2006

Hmmm

Preacher Story

Don't know who, but someone, a long time ago sent me this link , but the server was down then and so never could read it. After a long long time has something has moved me so much, I am strangely relieved to know that I am not alone , though I expected that. For me to spell out my doubts and fears about my faith(or the lack of it) is quite suicidal, so never tried really except once and I received looks that were from "oh! poor thing" To "Why, how dare he?" to "Huh?". The message was lost on most people.

This article is almost an autobiography, written by a someone i've never met.

I particularly like this section.
"I understand how some would feel that way. Many of you only know Christianity from bad books, TV preachers, and the people who watch them. If that were all I knew of Christianity I would celebrate my liberation from it all the days of my life. But I was exposed early to the real stuff - Top Shelf Christianity - Deep and Old Christianity. This kind is practiced by people who work until they stink and take life in great draughts. Their hands are as rough as their hides, and they DO their faith in secret, hiding their good works in obedience to Christ. They know how to love and be loved in return. Their laughter is loud and has its roots in joy". From Here


Like most good reading material it raises more questions than it answers, more food to chew on for my already stuffed mind.

"How now shall we live", out of context, would be a partial summary of my questions.



No comments: